Britain’s Adam Yates withstood plenty of pressure to hold on to the Tour de France leader’s yellow jersey in a tough day in the Pyrenees on stage eight of the race.
The Mitchelton-Scott rider found the going tough in the final 15km of the 141km stage to Loudenvielle.
But he found a late surge of energy to retain his lead.
France’s Nans Peters won the stage with the AG2R-La Mondiale rider the sole survivor of an early breakaway.
However, Thibaut Pinot effectively lost all hope of becoming the first Frenchman to win the race since 1985 when he was dropped on the second climb of the day.
More to follow.
Stage eight results
1. Nans Peters (Fra/AG2R-La Mondiale) 4hrs 02mins 12secs
2. Toms Skujins (Lat/Trek-Segafredo) +47secs
3. Carlos Verona (Spa/Movistar) Same time
4. Ilnur Zakarin (Rus/CCC) +1mins 09secs
5. Neilson Powless (US/EF Pro Cycling) +1mins 41secs
6. Ben Hermans (Bel/Israel Start-Up Nation) +3mins 42secs
7. Quentin Pacher (Fra/B&B Hotels-Vital Concept) Same time
8. Soren Kragh Anderson (Den/Sun) 4mins 04secs
9. Tadej Pogacar (Slo/UAE-Team Emirates) 6mins 00secs
10. Romain Bardet (Fra/AG2R-La Mondiale) 6mins 38secs
General classification after stage eight
1. Adam Yates (GB/Mitchelton-Scott) 34hrs 44mins 52secs
2. Primoz Roglic (Slo/Jumbo-Visma) +3secs
3. Guillaume Martin (Fra/Cofidis) +9secs
4. Romain Bardet (Fra/AG2R-La Mondiale) +11secs
5. Egan Bernal (Col/Ineos Grenadiers) +13secs
6. Nairo Quintana (Col/Arkea-Samsic) Same time
7. Miguel Angel Lopez (Col/Astana)
8. Rigoberto Uran (Col/EF Pro Cycling)
9. Tadej Pogacar (Slo/UAE-Team Emirates) +48secs
10. Enric Mas (Spa/Movistar) +1mins 00secs